Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Bring on the Swag

Thanks to GregT of The Dust Forms Words, I've been introduced to Perplex City. Think of it as little brain teasing challenges wrapped around a large, gold meta-story brick (better metaphor coming soon).

The Receda Cube has been stolen. To get it back, the people of Earth have been tapped to solve puzzles and search out the truth behind the crime. The story and characters of Perplex City span a handful of sites, blogs, a podcast, and the puzzle cards. It has been going on for a little more than a year, and it looks like it is ramping up nicely.

I'm interested because I like puzzles. They captivate me. I also like the idea of an over-arching story and plot. I need to finish reading up on the back story, and learning about the characters.

Best of all? I just got an e-mail saying that, because I have a blog, they are going to send me some stuff. I can't wait. I want to dive into this and get lost in it. (Like I need anything else to suck up my free time. Too late, I suppose.)

Expect to hear more from me when I get the stuff.

1 comment: